Fund Accounting Manager
Position Title: Fund Accounting Manager
Reporting To: President
Location: Kansas City, MO
WaterEquity is an investment manager dedicated to accelerating access to water and sanitation in emerging markets. Founded by the global non-profit Water.org in 2016, WaterEquity has raised over $200 million in committed capital across three funds and has allocated this capital to expand access to water and sanitation among low-income and underserved populations. WaterEquity is growing quickly and expects to launch its fourth and fifth funds in 2022 and 2023. WaterEquity’s investment advisory activities are regulated by the SEC, and the company has offices in Kansas City, Missouri and Washington, DC. Learn more at www.waterequity.org.
WaterEquity is seeking to fill a newly created full-time position of Fund Accounting Manager. The job responsibilities for the position are as follows.
- Communicate, lead, and maintain relationships with the funds’ administrator, auditor, and foreign accounting and banking vendors
- Manage all fund-level treasury functions and payments, including:
- limited partner subscriptions and redemptions
- debt provider payments
- periodic fund dividends & distributions
- Review fund valuation statements and reports and prepare summary financial statements for inclusion in the reports
- Be the point contact for all fund-level audits
- Review tax statements and K-1 schedules for investors
- Apply for and maintain current Tax Residency Certificates
- Implement company anti-money laundering policies
- Fulfill other quarterly reporting requirements to specific debt and equity providers.
In addition, the Fund Accounting Manager will manage various financial aspects of our funds’ downstream investments, including loan disbursements and repayments, foreign currency settlements, foreign tax obligations and reporting, and local currency bank accounts.
The successful candidate will:
- have a bachelor’s degree (required)—a CPA and/or MBA is desirable
- have 5-7 years of experience in a fund accounting role
- share our passion to address the global water and sanitation crisis
- be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and culture
- pay meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- be comfortable working remotely with other team members across borders and time zones
- meet critical deadlines, and preemptively identify problems
- have excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- be authorized to work full time in the U.S.
Compensation, Benefits and Work Environment
WaterEquity offers a competitive package of salary, bonus and equity participation to our full-time team members. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- medical, dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- AD&D and disability insurance
- A retirement plan with employer matching.
For example, WaterEquity covers 100% of the cost of health insurance for individual employees. WaterEquity maintains a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work remotely, and offers unlimited paid time off (PTO). In addition, there are opportunities for travel both within the US, and from time-to-time to the countries and markets we serve. Compensation for the Fund Accounting Manager position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application – Fund Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
WaterEquity is an equal opportunity employer. At WaterEquity, we are on an intentional journey to determine how we can champion diversity, equity, and inclusion, not only within our organization but also within our industry. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment that is characterized by engagement, a sense of connection, and respect for the differences and contributions of all our professionals. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Americans With Disability Specifications
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands of this position include the following.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and must be able to answer and speak on the phone.
- The position requires key-boarding capabilities for computer. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach forward with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
- Visual acuity is required for computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position may require prolonged periods of sitting and using the computer.
- The position requires an ability to concentrate and focus.