Investment Data Analyst
Position location: Remote within Eastern or Central time zones of the United States, with a preference for the Kansas City, MO area. Applicants must have a high degree of comfort using remote-working technology.
WaterEquity is the first asset manager exclusively focused on solving one of the most urgent issues of our time—the global water and sanitation crisis. We invest in financial institutions, enterprises, and infrastructure in emerging markets delivering access to safe water and sanitation to low-income consumers while offering an attractive risk-return profile to investors.
Founded by engineer Gary White and actor/writer Matt Damon of Water.org, the success of WaterEquity is built on decades of experience investing in water and sanitation in emerging markets, delivering proven social and financial returns. Since 2016, WaterEquity has raised more than $200 million across three funds, reaching more than 3 million people with access to safe water or sanitation, with women comprising 97% of individuals directly supported by our investments.
WaterEquity is a purpose-driven company with a culture of innovation. Additional information about WaterEquity is available at www.waterequity.org.
WaterEquity is seeking an Investment Data Analyst who will provide portfolio monitoring and analytical support for the Investment Management team. The role will work closely with a global team to manage and analyze financial, operational, and impact data for WaterEquity’s investments. The role is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional with a passion for social impact, a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and comfortable with change. WaterEquity currently manages a portfolio of nearly 50 investments and is growing quickly. Our growing business provides unique opportunities for professional growth. Responsibilities may be expanded to accommodate WaterEquity’s strategic priorities and the evolution of the team and this role.
- Track investee reporting requirements to ensure compliance with loan agreements
- Load reported data into portfolio management software and update data from various external sources
- Track country and currency risk data for countries where we have investments or are considering making investments
- Analyze financial, operational, and impact data from investees to identify risks and understand trends
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues
- Manage and maintain datasets, perform data validation/quality assurance analysis for datasets within and across a variety of platforms, including eFront and Salesforce
- Serve as a Salesforce administrator and power user for the Investment Management team, including creating new fields, editing page layouts, managing data quality, creating reports, etc.
- Cross-collaborate with other departments and understand their data requirements and needs and create useful tools to improve the business process workflow and financial initiatives
- Special projects and wider support to the team as needed and determined by Director, Portfolio Management and Risk
Skills and Qualifications
The following qualifications are necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent experience in finance, statistics, math, computer science, or a related field.
- 2 + years of relevant experience working in financial statement analysis, data management, financial services, or related
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques, IRRs, asset allocations, financial modeling, etc.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Excel proficiency; experience with pivot tables and financial functions.
- Strong ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve data inconsistencies
- Ability to build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed
- Experience with eFront and Salesforce preferred, or other portfolio management/CRM software
- Proven ability to work independently and with team members to understand data and business processes
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of impact investment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new systems and process improvement
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about this role but don’t feel as though your experience aligns perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a retirement program, and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement. Overall compensation will be commensurate with education and experience and structured to reflect a competitive package for a full-time team member.
No relocation benefits or visa sponsorship will be offered.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application – Investment Data Analyst” in the subject line.
WaterEquity is an equal-opportunity employer. At WaterEquity, we are on an intentional journey to determine how we can champion diversity, equity, and inclusion not only within our organization but also within our industry. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment that is characterized by engagement, a sense of connection, and respect for the differences and contributions of all our professionals. WaterEquity recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.