WaterEquity is the first asset manager exclusively focused on solving one of the most urgent issues of our time—the global water and sanitation crisis. We invest in financial institutions, enterprises, and infrastructure in emerging markets delivering access to safe water and sanitation to low-income consumers while offering an attractive risk-return profile to investors.
Founded by engineer Gary White and actor/writer Matt Damon of Water.org, the success of WaterEquity is built on decades of experience investing in water and sanitation in emerging markets, delivering proven social and financial returns. Since 2016, WaterEquity has raised more than $200 million across three funds, reaching more than 3 million people with access to safe water or sanitation, with women comprising 97% of individuals directly supported by our investments. Learn more at https://waterequity.org.
WaterEquity is seeking a Marketing Manager who will play a key role in enabling WaterEquity to develop and maintain a world-class brand and value proposition among key audiences including prospective and current investors, investment candidates, external partners, and press and media. With an understanding of the investment industry in particular the impact investing and ESG sector, the Marketing Manager will support WaterEquity’s capital raising and business development objectives.
This role is an opportunity for an individual deeply committed to utilizing the capital markets as a solution to addressing global inequality and the water crisis, and with a drive to deliver team results. Candidates should have a demonstrable track record of success as a marketing professional in financial services, being a team player, strategic thinker, and storyteller. The ideal candidate will also have a passion and commitment to WaterEquity’s mission and values.
Marketing Content Development and Execution
- Execute on WaterEquity’s marketing communications strategy and efforts. This includes helping to create organizational, fund, and pipeline building collateral such as pitch decks, teasers, key fund marketing materials, annual reports, case studies, and more
- Collaborate with Water.org, investees, and other external partners to assist in the creation of impact stories from the field across various investment areas. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to manage and collaborate with talent across different teams and cultures
Social Media and Website Marketing Content Execution
- Serve as a content administrator for WaterEquity’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Medium), including assisting in creation of content, reviewing, and scheduling social media content
- Serve as a content administrator for WaterEquity’s website, executing quarterly updates to messaging, performance, team members, and media updates
- Compile and analyze data from website traffic, social media channels, and lead generation sources to share quarterly results and key insights
Audience Assessment and Investor Prospecting
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WaterEquity’s areas of investment and scaling strategy, footprint, structure, and unique selling points in markets where we work
- Working in tandem with other members of the business development team in assessing target audiences for the organization, funds, events, and conferences, including proactively identifying new prospective investors
- Collaborate across teams to maintain relationship management databases, including Salesforce and SharePoint, to ensure accurate and timely tracking of prospective investor account details and capital fundraising efforts
Internal Communications and Operations Support
- Execute quarterly and annual updates to internal and external communication resources, as well as organization of collateral, administrative templates, and slides
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Participate in organization-wide meetings and activities
Skills and Qualifications
A successful candidate will be a proven, self-driven professional with a passion for impact. They will be comfortable with sophisticated financial products and committed to translating the complexity of WaterEquity’s efforts into a compelling and easy to understand story.
- 3+ years of marketing or communications expertise in financial services; impact investing, climate finance, or ESG experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, journalism, communications, and/or business, finance
- Successful track record in creating and executing social media campaigns across LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Proficiencies in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the Office 365 suite; Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop and InDesign, and customer relationship management software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience working with website platforms and languages, including WordPress
- Familiarity with marketing software including Hootsuite and Mailchimp
- An effective team player with the ability to work alone and partner with people of all levels across multiple global locations
- Attention to detail, achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task and a stickler for process
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating grammatical expertise; Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to proofread
- Ability to digest complex, information at a fast pace and transform into delivery of digital and traditional marketing materials in collaboration with internal and external partners
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about this role but don’t feel as though your experience aligns perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
Remote within the U.S. with preference for New York, NY or Kansas City, MO
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement. Overall compensation will be commensurate with education and experience and structured to reflect a competitive package for a full-time team member. Minimal travel required (5-10%).
No relocation benefits or visa sponsorship will be offered.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with “Application – Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
WaterEquity is an equal opportunity employer. At WaterEquity, we are on an intentional journey to determine how we can champion diversity, equity, and inclusion not only within our organization but also within our industry. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment that is characterized by engagement, a sense of connection, and respect for the differences and contributions of all our professionals. WaterEquity recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.