Senior Manager of Operations
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Operations to ensure that the company has the proper operational procedures, reporting processes, and resources in place to effectively scale the organization for social impact and to ensure its financial strength and operational efficiency in a safe environment.
WaterEquity is the first-ever impact investment manager with an exclusive focus on raising and deploying capital to water and sanitation businesses throughout Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Based in Kansas City, MO, and co-founded by social entrepreneurs Gary White and the actor Matt Damon, WaterEquity accelerates an end to the global water crisis for hundreds of millions of men, women, and children by supporting the sustainable growth of water and sanitation businesses in emerging markets. Please spend some time learning more about us at WaterEquity.org.
The Senior Manager of Operations is entrusted with the development and execution of the day-to-day execution of the organization’s global operations strategy in the US and abroad. The area of responsibility for the role is wide and requires a skilled professional who can innovate and identify the most efficient, effective ways to run the business. The Senior Manager of Operations will report directly to the Director of Regulatory Affairs with a dotted line relationship to the Managing Director. The role supervises WaterEquity’s Staff Accountant and Administrative Coordinator. It receives support from an experienced external Controller and multiple external partners/vendors. The Senior Manager of Operations will have broad oversight of organizational responsibilities in Accounting/Audit, IT, Human Resources, Fund Administration, & General Operations. The role is a critical part of ensuring that WaterEquity is a lean and nimble asset management firm that is built for scale.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced culture, enjoys having responsibility for a variety of tasks, is flexible, takes pride in creating operational processes to improve team productivity, and someone with sound judgment and the constant ability to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive issues. Because WaterEquity is in a start-up phase, the position will evolve quickly as the team grows and priorities shift. The candidate must be highly adaptable to change and willing to play a variety of roles as we launch additional funds and hire staff. The candidate should be comfortable working remotely with other team members/contractors, including abroad, since many team members are based outside of the U.S.
• Oversee assembly of annual budget in conjunction with the Staff Accountant and Managing Director
• Implement day-to-day operational decisions, as well as long term planning initiatives geared towards operational excellence
• Support Director of Regulatory Affairs in operational processes related to investors, Fund investments, reporting and more
• Create detailed reports, prepare and present annual budget to the Managing Director, Board of Directors, and others as the basis for financial and operational decisions
• Maintaining awareness of issues facing WaterEquity and analyzing the financial and operational impact of these issues, making decisions and/or providing recommendations based on such analysis
• Coordinate with the Managing Director in execution of board related activities for the nonprofit, as well as the for-profit management advisory firm; including effective monitoring of organizational goals to report accurately to our Board
• Collaborate with Staff Accountant, External Controller, Auditors, and external Fund Administrator to ensure receipt of clean audit report on an annual basis
• Collaborate with Business Development & Investor Relations department to identify efficient administrative processes for streamlining investor reporting; and
• Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors (fund administration, IT, and HR)
MINIMUM EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s Degree in business administration preferred. A minimum ten (10) years of experience, preferably at a management consultancy, financial services firm, or international non-profit organization. In addition, candidate must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of investment management industry
• Emerging market experience
• Innovative mindset and demonstrated ability to develop lean teams
• Proactive problem-solving attitude and willingness to adapt to an evolving role
• Ability to instruct and direct staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
WaterEquity provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life, dental, flexible spending plans, and many other benefits. Our salaries, generous benefits, and flexible schedule make employment with WaterEquity highly competitive within the industry. Our work environment is friendly and team oriented, with a focus on our mission: Together, we have positively transformed the lives of millions of people.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and a resume, combined as a single pdf file, to email@example.com with the subject headline of: Last Name/Senior Manager of Operations.
Please do not contact us for status updates.
Please NO inquiries from headhunters/employment agencies.
WaterEquity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.